by Pronay Ghosh, Hiren Rupchandani
In the previous article, we understood what exactly cloud computing is all about through Amazon Web Services, and in this article, we will be focussing on the following key topics
- AWS Management Console: which is typically the dashboard where one can perform all of the service-related operations of AWS
- The Top 5 AWS Services: In this module, we will take a deeper dive into the top 5 services that AWS offers.
Introduction to AWS Management Console
- The AWS Management Console is a web-based graphical user interface that is typically used as the backbone for managing AWS and its related services.
- An AWS user can engage with the AWS Management Console and perform certain technical tasks such as Cloud Computing, Cloud Storage, etc. However, It is also handy for operational usages.
- As we know AWS supports over 200+ services and hence, to know about most of the services a user can day click this link.
- To access the AWS Management Console, one must visit Cloud Services — Amazon Web Services (AWS) and create an AWS account.
- To create an AWS account, one can refer to: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/create-and-activate-aws-account/
- After the account creation is completed one will have to click sign in to the Console on to the top right-hand side of the navigation bar.
- After that one will be redirected to the sign-in page of the AWS Management Console. Simply sign in as a root user specifying the created sign-in credentials.
- On Successful sign in, the user will be landed to the AWS Management Console dashboard.
The Top 5 AWS Services
Though amazon web services offer over 200+ services however as per consumer usage very few of the services are used broadly. Other AWS services are important as well however all of them are domain-specific. Hence, in this module, we will be talking about the top 5 AWS services depending upon user engagement.
- Whenever investing in physical devices such as dedicated servers, extensive wiring, and other resources come into the picture many startups and small-scale businesses face cost as a key constraint.
- With the help of Amazon EC2, one can invest in a virtual machine and simply use it on a usage basis.
- This helps in saving costs, spending less time, and other resources such as manpower and even a set-up space.
- As everything is into the cloud with AWS, these major and minor constraints are handled by Amazon EC2 service very effectively.
- To learn more about Amazon EC2 please visit here.
- When it comes to Relational Database management most of the users rely on Amazon Relational Database Service also known as the Amazon RDS.
- Here, one user can create dedicated database instances at a very high speed.
- The typical creation timeframe for an Amazon RDS instance is of a few minutes.
- The Amazon RDS service supports multiple database engines such as SQL Server, SQL, Cassandra, and many more.
- To learn more about Amazon RDS please visit here.
- The Amazon SNS or also known as Amazon Simple notification service is mainly used for shooting notifications to consumers on a bulk or per user basis.
- Let’s say one wants to start a cake shop where they want to shoot a notification to a customer who has purchased a cake from their official website.
- In this case, one can choose Amazon SNS where a user will get the notification after purchasing a cake.
- Apart from that as AWS supports a wide range of cross platformed programming languages Amazon SNS is developer-friendly too. It supports a wide range of programming languages such as Python, PHP, Node, and many more.
- To learn more about Amazon SNS click here.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3):
- As the number of data is increasing exponentially the need for storing those in proper format has become a crucial demand.
- Here, AWS has covered this issue with Amazon S3.
- Amazon S3 gives a highly secure and redundant file storage service.
- It stores data into three data centers within a specific region and hence if there is any natural disaster such as an earthquake the data remains safe as it already has two separate copies available.
- To learn more about Amazon S3 click here.
- The Amazon CloudFront is mainly used to improve the website’s speed.
- The Amazon CloudFront works as a Global Content Delivery Service(CDN) and it delivers the content(s) very effectively to all of the end-users.
- One can notice a very significant increase in the response time of a webpage with Amazon CloudFront.
- To learn more about Amazon CloudFront click here.
- So far in this article, we covered a high-level overview of AWS Management Console and The Top 5 AWS Services. However, there are a plethora of services available in AWS, you can find them at this link.
- In the next article, we will see how to deploy a machine learning model into the local host.
Follow us for more upcoming future articles related to Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
Also, Do give us a Clap👏 if you find this article useful as your encouragement catalyzes inspiration for and helps to create more cool stuff like this.