In the previous article, we understood what exactly cloud computing is all about through Amazon Web Services, and in this article, we will be focussing on the following key topics
- AWS Management Console: which is typically the dashboard where one can perform all of the service-related operations of AWS
- The Top 5 AWS Services: In this module, we will take a deeper dive into the top 5 services that AWS offers.
Introduction to AWS Management Console
- The AWS Management Console is a web-based graphical user interface that is typically used as the backbone for managing AWS and its related services.
- An AWS user can engage with the AWS Management Console and perform certain technical tasks such as Cloud Computing, Cloud Storage, etc. However, It is also handy for operational usages.
- As we know AWS supports over 200+ services and hence, to know about most of the services a user can day click this link.
- To access the AWS Management Console, one must visit Cloud Services — Amazon Web Services (AWS) and create an AWS account.
- To create an AWS account, one can refer to: https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/create-and-activate-aws-account/
- After the account creation is completed one will have to click sign in to the Console on to the top right-hand side of the navigation bar.
- After that one will be redirected to the sign-in page of the AWS Management Console. Simply sign in as a root user specifying the created sign-in credentials.
- On Successful sign in, the user will be landed to the AWS Management Console dashboard.
The Top 5 AWS Services
Though amazon web services offer over 200+ services however as per consumer usage very few of the services are used broadly. Other AWS services are important as well however all of them are domain-specific. Hence, in this module, we will be talking about the top 5 AWS services depending upon user engagement.
- Whenever investing in physical devices such as dedicated servers, extensive wiring, and other resources come into the picture many startups and small-scale businesses face cost as a key constraint.
- With the help of Amazon EC2, one can invest in a virtual machine and simply use it on a usage basis.
- This helps in saving costs, spending less time, and other resources such as manpower and even a set-up space.
- As everything is into the cloud with AWS, these major and minor constraints are handled by Amazon EC2 service very effectively.
- To learn more about Amazon EC2 please visit here.
- When it comes to Relational Database management most of the users rely on Amazon Relational Database Service also known as the Amazon RDS.
- Here, one user can create dedicated database instances at a very high speed.
- The typical creation timeframe for an Amazon RDS instance is of a few minutes.
- The Amazon RDS service supports multiple database engines such as SQL Server, SQL, Cassandra, and many more.
- To learn more about Amazon RDS please visit here.
- The Amazon SNS or also known as Amazon Simple notification service is mainly used for shooting notifications to consumers on a bulk or per user basis.
- Let’s say one wants to start a cake shop where they want to shoot a notification to a customer who has purchased a cake from their official website.
- In this case, one can choose Amazon SNS where a user will get the notification after purchasing a cake.
- Apart from that as AWS supports a wide range of cross platformed programming languages Amazon SNS is developer-friendly too. It supports a wide range of programming languages such as Python, PHP, Node, and many more.
- To learn more about Amazon SNS click here.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3):
- As the number of data is increasing exponentially the need for storing those in proper format has become a crucial demand.
- Here, AWS has covered this issue with Amazon S3.
- Amazon S3 gives a highly secure and redundant file storage service.
- It stores data into three data centers within a specific region and hence if there is any natural disaster such as an earthquake the data remains safe as it already has two separate copies available.
- To learn more about Amazon S3 click here.
- The Amazon CloudFront is mainly used to improve the website’s speed.
- The Amazon CloudFront works as a Global Content Delivery Service(CDN) and it delivers the content(s) very effectively to all of the end-users.
- One can notice a very significant increase in the response time of a webpage with Amazon CloudFront.
- To learn more about Amazon CloudFront click here.
- So far in this article, we covered a high-level overview of AWS Management Console and The Top 5 AWS Services. However, there are a plethora of services available in AWS, you can find them at this link.
- In the next article, we will see how to deploy a machine learning model into the local host.
Follow us for more upcoming future articles related to Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
Also, Do give us a Clap👏 if you find this article useful as your encouragement catalyzes inspiration for and helps to create more cool stuff like this.