by Pronay Ghosh and Hiren Rupchandani
- In the previous article, we learned how to build, train and deploy a machine learning model using Amazon Sagemaker.
- Human oversight is required for some machine learning applications.
- This is done in order to verify the accuracy of sensitive data, provide continual improvements, and retrain models with updated predictions.
- However, one is frequently forced to pick between a machine learning-only or a human-only solution in these cases.
- Companies want the best of both worlds which are incorporating machine learning technologies into their workflow.
- However, they also want to maintain a human eye on the outcomes to ensure the precision required.
- But in this case, Amazon has got your back with the help of Amazon Augmented AI or also known as Amazon A2I.
What is Amazon A2I?
- Amazon Augmented AI is a machine learning tool that enables creating procedures for human review simple.
- Whether it runs on AWS or not, Amazon A2I delivers human review to all developers, removing the undifferentiated heavy lifting.
- This is involved with designing human review systems or managing big groups of human reviewers.
Use of A2I for ML workflow:
- Amazon A2I is integrated to provide a human review for any machine learning workflow.
- A few common workflows would include Amazon Rekognition image or content moderation.
- Apart from that, tag translations and Amazon Transcribe review transcriptions from videos or social media use Amazon A2I extensively.
- Next, Amazon Comprehend sentiment analysis and key phrase extraction are also used for manual cross-validation through A2I.
- One can easily integrate human evaluation of machine learning predictions by combining Amazon A2I with other AI services.
- Amazon A2I can be easily integrated with services like Amazon SageMaker or Amazon Fraud Detector.
Some Popular Use Cases of Amazon A2I
- With the need for humanized cross-validation A2I is being extensively used in many verticals in the marketplace.
- A few of the common domains where Amazon A2I is effective are as follows:
The use cases are not only limited to the below-mentioned industries.
- Medical insurance claims, intake forms, prescriptions, and a variety of other healthcare documents include essential data.
- These data must be collected swiftly and precisely.
- One can now process documents, extract data files, and have a human review the critical data using Amazon A2I.
- This saves time and money by allowing a human to analyze any nuanced or sensitive data or audit predictions on an ongoing basis.
- Millions of data points must be processed and retrieved swiftly and effectively in loan or tax forms, and many other financial papers.
- One can extract crucial data from these forms using Amazon Textract and Amazon A2I.
- After that one can have a human review the output using Amazon Textract and Amazon A2I.
- DealNet Capital processes its financial forms with Amazon Textract and Amazon A2I.
- This has proved to cut the time spent manually analyzing papers by up to 80%.
Benefits of using Amazon Augmented AI as a Service:
- The following are the benefits that one can face while using Amazon Augmented AI as a service.
1. Human review of ML predictions is simple to implement:
- Amazon A2I allows you the freedom to include human evaluation into machine learning applications based on your needs.
- Humans are handed low-confidence forecasts to analyze and act on.
- You can even require numerous reviewers to assess a forecast in order to obtain consensus if necessary.
- Additionally, you can audit models by randomly sampling predictions for human review.
- Hence, one can assess whether the model is still doing well on a regular basis.
- Amazon A2I enables humans and machines to focus on their strengths.
2. Human oversight integrated into each application:
- With no machine learning skills necessary, Amazon A2I makes it simple to incorporate human oversight into your machine learning operations.
- There’s no need to choose between an all-human review system and one that uses only machine learning.
- Amazon A2I combines machine learning and humans to give automation while keeping a human eye on the outcomes to ensure correctness.
- Amazon A2I makes it simple to integrate human judgment and AI into any machine learning application, whether it’s built on AWS or not.
3. Faster time to market:
- Choosing between ML and humans performing manual processes can mean the difference between getting to market today versus months later.
- By incorporating Amazon A2I into your workflow, you can not only get your machine learning to market faster.
- But you can also update and retrain your models over time.
- Your workflows might evolve as your business needs change.
- Amazon A2I can help you enhance your models over time, no matter where you are on your machine learning journey.
- So far in this article, we covered a high-level overview of what is Amazon Augmented AI.
- In the next article, we will learn in-depth about the architecture and how Amazon Augmented AI actually works.
Follow us for more upcoming future articles related to Data Science, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence.
Also, Do give us a Clap👏 if you find this article useful as your encouragement catalyzes inspiration for and helps to create more cool stuff like this.